Senior Developer (Blue Yonder/JDA Category Management)
The Role: Senior Developer (Blue Yonder/JDA Category Management)
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
What you will be doing:
- Work as member of the Application team supporting Category Management (CKB – Space and Floor Planning).
- Work on other applications like Blue Yoder / JDA PMM, Promo and Demand.
- Focus on the efficient use, coding quality and productivity of programs and scripts during oracle application development.
- Responsible for code development as it’s being requested by Applications team and supported by proper documentation for the business needs and processes.
- Responsible to support existing code and trouble shoot any failures and/or defects may arise. Also should be able to work with Application Vendor support team.
- Conduct unit testing for the developed code and perform volume test for optimization.
- Conduct code review and recommend enhancement for the current code developed for Rexall.
- Extract data from current database and provide to business users to support business day to day operations.
- Work closely with internal/external DBA’s to for code tuning, optimization, performance measures review, data archiving and apply changes to current environment as per the recommendation.
- Attend to any remedy ticket opened by users that is technical in nature and close them after providing necessary resolution.
- Should be available for off business hrs on call support and undertake a company provided cellphone.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.
How you will Succeed:
- 4 years bachelor’s degree in computer science or Engineering
- Category Knowledge Base (CKB- Space and Floor Planning) Experience is an asset.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Retail business and processes.
- 6+ years of Oracle, PL/SQL, Applications design and development experience.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Life Cycle, Defect Life Cycle and Configuration Management
- Working experience with BY/JDA software’s is a definite asset
- Proficient in Toad, Visio, Windows, Open Access and Version Control tools
- Tuning of SQL, Indexing knowledge, External Tables
- Experience in designing and developing high volume transaction-based systems
- Experience in working with Open Access.
- Excellent at Analyzing & logical thinking
- Team Player & Self-starter /motivated
- Work/coordinate with onshore/offshore developers to get the work done as required
- Experience in Inventory/Merchandise Systems Implementation preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work as secondary DBA and help Primary DBA with activities as assigned
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.