Registered Pharmacy Technician
The Role: Registered Pharmacy Technician
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the pharmacists with the execution of Rexall patient-focused services such as MedsChecks™ (If applicable), pharmaceutical opinions, immunizations, smoking cessation, etc.
- Abide by approved prescriptions, duties and responsibilities per relevant College of Pharmacists
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions through Nexxsys, ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) dosage and dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, copayment management, coordination of benefits
- Prescription preparation including regular prescriptions, compliance packaging, and simple compounding
- Monitoring of site refrigeration temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, in addition to developing and maintaining professional relationships with local health care professionals, suppliers, allied health businesses, and private insurance payers
How you will succeed:
- Provincial Pharmacy Technician Registration (If applicable)
- Experience in the industry, including third party billing issues
- Self-starting and independent, as well as strong motivation to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Discretion in handling confidential matters
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
At Rexall, we are better together. We serve our customers, partners, and patients best—we are our best—when everyone brings their true self to work. Our connected, inclusive culture celebrates our lived experiences, backgrounds, expertise, and self-expression to let us win as one team. Leveraging our differences distinguishes us and brings out our best performance.
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.