Pharmacy Student 3rd Year
The Role: Pharmacy Student
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
What you will be doing:
- Ensure all security, safety and confidentiality measures are performed and adhere to all legal requirements that is required of an accredited pharmacy in Alberta (PHIPA; Personal Health Information Protection Act)
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace and dispensary
- Assist the Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging and distribution of patient prescriptions.
- Evaluate legality, interpret and input all prescriptions, labels and consent forms to ensure patient information is up to date and in the pharmacy’s computer system.
- Ensure all patient inquiries regarding prescriptions and non-prescriptions medications, uses, treatments, and recommendations are referred to the pharmacist on duty
- Ensure customers are referred to the pharmacist when required for direct involvement in the sales of restricted access OTC products, counseling, or out of scope questions
- Maintain efficient flow of merchandise from receiving to the dispensary and update in the system
- Advise appropriate personnel of out-of-stocks or shortages.
How you will succeed:
- Currently enrolled in a qualifying Pharmacy University Program
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Discretion in handling confidential matters (PHIPA)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.