Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, Staff pharmacist is committed to ensuring the company’s set goals and objectives (G&Os) are achieved and/or exceeded. Staff Pharmacist assists the Pharmacy Manager in executing store level corporate and operational Rx policies and procedures regarding budgets, store operations, loss prevention, prescription dispensing and the provision of patient focused services.
- Responsible for training and mentoring pharmacy technicians and other pharmacy staff as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager. Act as a team leader in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager.
- Ensures all employees follow all responsibilities outlined in the provincial health & safety legislation.
- Supervising Pharmacy Technicians to ensure completion and/or accuracy of:
- Ordering replenishment merchandise
- Checking off all incoming pharmaceutical orders
- Ticketing current cost process and maintaining perpetual inventory on this merchandise
- Provides outstanding ongoing communication to ensure all employees are informed and knowledgeable in company news and business focuses.
- Maintaining the dispensary inventory level within the prescribed guidelines through accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for supervising ongoing follow-up and collection of third-party receivables.
- The daily operation, security, and upkeep of the dispensary computer, including daily and weekly data backup.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate documentation when required by the various Colleges of Pharmacy, drugs plans (both public & private) as well as all Rexall programs and SOPs.
- Drive sales to support advertised items, special promotions, in-store marketing initiatives and private brands, while driving excellence through store standards
- Implement accurate pricing and receiving procedures to minimize shrinkage in such areas as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft.
- Promote Company initiatives, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Effective two-way communications with customers, physicians, suppliers, and other pharmacists.
- Accurately and timely dispense all prescriptions.
- Accurately and timely claim submission and/or registration of all patient focused services performed.
- Practice within federal, provincial, regulatory, and legal requirements, provincial Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice.
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management.
- Ensures dispensary area meets Rexall’s maintenance standards and College standards and regulations.
- Addresses pharmacy practice questions.
- Inspire and empower staff to participate and deliver the #ALLin experience for every customer/patient.
- Upholding the company brand in the store and driving community
- Perform professional services to the full scope of pharmacist practice as deemed eligible and appropriate for the patients.
- Support in resolving customer/patient issues in a timely manner.
- Administer injections/immunizations as requested to maximize patient care.
- Report any dispensing errors (Medication Incident) found to the Pharmacy Manager or reported to the Pharmacy Manager and head office within 24 hours.
- Provide professional advice and applicable dialogue with patients on prescription and OTC products to provide excellent customer service and maximize customer loyalty.
- Dispense prescriptions and consults with patients ensuring maximization of over the counter (OTC) and private brand sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- University Degree combined with valid Provincial Pharmacy license.
- A member in good standing of the college of pharmacists, including a valid license in the store’s province.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong digital literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong intuition for business with acute understanding of financials and reporting.
- Self-motivated to grow self and others, with strong coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Strong customer/patient satisfaction orientation
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Experience with streamlining workflows and improving processes is preferred.
- Ability to achieve results and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to maintain the optimum balance between the profession of pharmacy and business of pharmacy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team.
Context and Environment:
Second in command to the Pharmacy Manager in all Rx store level department operations with the responsibility of assisting that all budgets and company objectives are achieved or surpassed while efficiently maintaining the focus on total store contributions. Through District Leader ensure the needs/issues of the store are met /resolved by working collaboratively with the larger Rexall organization. Strong customer focus with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality required. Some lifting and exposure to long hours required.
Able to interact effectively with store employees at all levels, Pharmacy Practice Leads, District Leaders, VP of Operations, Rexall Support Centre employees and management.
Effective two-way communications with patients, physicians, suppliers, and other pharmacists.