District Support Pharmacist 1
To assist the Pharmacy Teams in executing store level corporate and operational Rx policies and procedures in regards to store operations, loss prevention, prescription dispensing and the provision of patient focused services. Dedicated focus on customer needs in order to deliver quality customer service.
DIRECT REPORTS: Pharmacy assistants, technicians, students, interns, clerks while on shift
- Accurately and timely dispense prescriptions.
- Accurately and timely claim submission and/or registration of all patient focused services performed.
- Perform patient focused services as deemed eligible and appropriate for the patients
- Administer injections/immunizations as requested in order to maximize patient care
- Support and execution of provincial vaccination campaigns when seasonally required
- Report any dispensing errors (Medication Incident) found to the Pharmacy Manager or reported to the Pharmacy Manager and the Rexall Support Centre through portal within 24 hours.
- Provide professional advice and applicable dialogue with patients on prescription and OTC products to provide excellent customer service and maximize customer loyalty.
- Support accurate pricing and receiving procedures to minimize shrink in such areas as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with company loss prevention policies to ensure control of shrink through internal, external, and administrative causes
- Supporting the dispensary inventory level within the prescribed guidelines through accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Ensuring accurate ordering of pharmacy product and detailed receiving on narcotic orders
- The daily operation and security of pharmacy computers.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate documentation as necessary by the various Colleges of Pharmacy, drugs plans (both public & private) as well as all Rexall programs and SOP’s
- Present the proper image to the public in accordance with pharmacy standards: clean appearance, approved uniform, and name badge.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- University Degree combined with valid Provincial Pharmacy license.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong customer/patient satisfaction orientation
- Ability to achieve results in an efficient and organized manner
- Ability to maintain the optimum balance between the profession of pharmacy and business of pharmacy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a fast-paced team
Context and Environment:
Pharmacist supporting stores within the District based on centralized scheduling. Supporting Pharmacy operations with the responsibility of executing Programs and Processes and ensuring company objectives are achieved or surpassed while efficiently maintaining the focus on total store contributions. Through District Leaders, ensure the needs/issues of the store are met /resolved by working with the larger Rexall organization. Strong customer focus with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality required. Some lifting and exposure to long hours required.
Able to interact effectively with all Pharmacy staff, Front Store Staff, District Leaders, Pharmacy Practice Leaders, and on occasion Rexall Support Centre employees.
Effective two-way communications with customers, physicians, suppliers, and other pharmacists.