Director, Pricing & Promotions
The Role: Director, Pricing & Promotions
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
Reporting to the Senior Director Merchandising, eCommerce & Marketing, the Director of Pricing & Promotions will develop and oversee the front store promotional and pricing strategies to meet the front store annual budget. The role is also responsible for identifying and driving strategic initiatives to optimize sales and margin for the non-promotional sales. A key element of the role is the end-to-end management of the weekly flyer program with the objective of optimizing both promotional sales and gross profit dollars. Key cross-functional relationships include category management, loyalty, pharmacy, marketing, financial planning and analysis, front store supplier partners, front store service providers, and information technology teams. Oversees the front stores forecast for promotional sales.
In addition, the position manages the development, maintenance, and implementation of our Promotion Optimization Tool and interfaces with other key merchandising and store systems.
What you will be doing?
- Develop and implement product price strategies including segment strategies for the various markets and channels.
- Develop a team of analysts to utilize market dynamics, pricing trends, market opportunities, operating and sales margins to develop strategies and make recommendations for pricing.
- Develop and implement pricing tools to improve reporting and analytics.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to streamline execution at a store level.
- Lead the development and monitoring of metrics, data, and reporting processes to determine effectiveness, performance and identify sales and margin opportunities.
- Oversee margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives as required.
- Oversees price increases and develops strategies and processes to minimize margin erosion.
- Direct the annual and quarterly flyer planning process to make decisions on page count, space allocation, category mix, dark days, etc.
- Provide thought leadership to the team in proactively identifying sales, margin, and basket-driving promotions for presentation to the Category teams.
- Oversee the detailed analysis to ensure reliability, credibility and viability of conclusions and recommendations.
- Lead the forecasting of promotional sales and margin across all categories and be accountable for accuracy of consolidated forecast; measure and provide reporting relative to category targets and other metrics.
- Lead the Change Management functions including training and change management for a Promotional Optimization tool implementation.
- Govern and validate the integrity of the data, the accuracy of the demand models and forecasts, and the accuracy of the results.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders (eg Supply Chain, Category Management, Merchandising) to ensure proper end-to-end execution of promotions
- Lead presentation of analysis results and recommendations to senior management and key business stakeholders
Flyer & Advertising:
- Lead the development of Marketing for flyer and instore promo signage.
- Develops and leads execution of annual flyer calendar and strategy in support of business objectives and priorities of assigned areas.
- Facilitates and builds customer centric marketing strategy for flyer to drive customer engagement and sales, and works with all internal and external partners to bring the ideas to market.
- Ensure plans align with total Rexall branding and priorities.
- Work closely with Director of Brand, the Agency of Record and freelance designers to ensure execution aligns with overall brand or business marketing strategies & objectives. Creating business briefs for all projects requiring marketing elements to support.
- National weekly flyer
- Specialty Digital FSI’s
- Help build strategy for National flyer program with Sr Director of Merchandising & Senior category leadership teams.
- Manage the execution of the Flyer Promotional Schedule that includes managing all the processes: creative, production and print.
- Manage the execution of the Flyer Ad Signage that supports the Flyer Program, including all markdown and seasonal ad signage.
- Manage the distribution of flyers to maximize efficiency of circulation for each retail location.
- Drives continuous improvement of the flyer through creative, production, circulation and cost effectiveness processes.
- Manages and streamlines all sources of vendor revenue to maximize impact on bottom line
How you will succeed?
- University degree in Business or relevant discipline. MBA strongly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in retail and business. Preferably In the retail pharmacy sector.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions. Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience managing sophisticated sets of data and deriving insights from it.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all internal and external parties in evaluating and completing deals. A team player with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across lines of senior management staff as appropriate.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to investigate the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers. Superior problem solving and decision-making skills. Strong financial acumen, coupled with broad business/operations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and making presentations in order to drive business decisions. Confident and able to be influential and assertive.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, and presentation creation.
At Rexall, we are better together. We serve our customers, partners, and patients best—we are our best—when everyone brings their true self to work. Our connected, inclusive culture celebrates our lived experiences, backgrounds, expertise, and self-expression to let us win as one team. Leveraging our differences distinguishes us and brings out our best performance.
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.