The Role: Director, Marketing
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
Reporting to the Senior Director Merchandising, eCommerce & Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition and retention, brand awareness, support the growth and business strategies of Rexall’s overall business. The position collaborates with all internal business partners, outside agencies, supplier partners, and BTB partners. This leader will lead the marketing team to deliver against their objectives supporting both the pharmacy and front store businesses. The leader will develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring all activities are executed professionally and completely. The leader will collaborate very closely with our store operators to ensure they have the tools and support to execute our marketing plans in-store. This key leadership role requires a strategic thinker with a proven track record in brand development, creative marketing initiatives, internal and external relationship building and cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of the drug store retail industry.
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement a cohesive brand strategy that aligns with the company's overall business objectives.
- Define and communicate the brand positioning, ensuring consistency across all channels and touchpoints.
- Lead the planning and execution of integrated marketing campaigns to promote the brand, products, and services.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to create compelling and effective marketing materials.
- Craft and maintain a consistent brand voice and messaging across all communication channels.
- Develop initiatives to enhance customer engagement and build brand loyalty.
- Implement customer feedback mechanisms to continually refine and improve the brand experience.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to integrate online and offline brand experiences seamlessly.
- Develop and manage the brand marketing budget effectively, ensuring the optimal allocation of resources for maximum impact.
- Drives broad-based awareness of Rexall, Be Well (its proprietary Loyalty program), products, and services in the marketplace.
- Be the Rexall brand champion for how Rexall shows up in non-Rexall assets (e.g. media, partner assets) where it retains the presence, voice and values of the brand.
- Tracks and measures the success of marketing initiatives and opportunities with a strong emphasis on data analysis. Provides strategic direction and/or course correction accordingly based on data received.
- Coaches, leads and mentors staff to ensure that individual performance standards are aligned with organizational goals; provide performance feedback and performance reviews as required
How you will succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field. Master’s degree preferable
- 10+ years in a leadership role within Marketing and experience in managing a marketing team, including a minimum of 3 years in a senior management role.
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional teams, with a strong desire and high skill in the development of people in a supportive, accountable environment.
- Experience in various marketing operations functions: brand marketing, digital strategy/operations/measurement, marketing strategy, in-store experience, flyer execution, media planning / buying, digital marketing, integrated marketing execution across owned / paid media channels.
- Experience in healthcare, Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical, direct-to-consumer marketing, B2B marketing, brand agency is preferred, but not required. Experience working in health / pharmacy marketing would be highly valued in this role.
- Strong relationship marketer with experience building complex stakeholder engagement and buy-in for brand strategy, innovation, and execution. Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to make difficult decisions.
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written; strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
At Rexall, we are better together. We serve our customers, partners, and patients best—we are our best—when everyone brings their true self to work. Our connected, inclusive culture celebrates our lived experiences, backgrounds, expertise, and self-expression to let us win as one team. Leveraging our differences distinguishes us and brings out our best performance.
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.