Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The Director, Strategy & Business Development is primarily responsible for supporting the development and communication of Rexall’s corporate strategy and business development activities.
What you will be doing?
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives to drive Rexall's growth.
- Formulate long-term business plans aligned with corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership personnel to support overall business operations.
- Foster the strategic framework by identifying and assessing potential new business opportunities and internal activities for fit with strategy.
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking to ensure business strategies align with organizational goals.
- Support transition of outputs from organizational planning process to members of Finance department for integration into budgeting process and other departments as necessary
- Work closely with the Manager, Strategic Projects and individual Project Leads, transition critical initiatives from concept / business case to execution by scoping and supporting development of plans for key projects that ensure alignment with overall strategy and delivery on objectives.
- Lead company’s market intelligence function - work cross-functionally to synthesize data from a variety of sources to identify strategic opportunities and threats; identify and anticipate performance, market and consumer trends; identify data gaps and work to build organization’s insight and application of insight in decision making.
- Direct, monitor, and evaluate market research activities to identify opportunities and trends.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, and partnerships that align with overall corporate strategy; develop comprehensive assessments and articulate recommendation to obtain approval.
- Manage partnerships, monitor budgets, and report on collaborations and events
- Ensure the process of sourcing and closing deals is effective and efficient.
- Lead the cross-functional team in risk analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining an understanding of changes in the retail environment that may impact store concepts and recommend strategies for improvement or to address these impacts.
How you will succeed?
- University Degree, MBA and/or Finance, Economics, Law or related field is an asset
- 6+ years of work experience including management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate analytical, corporate finance, business development experience
- Strong analytical capabilities with an outstanding attention to detail
- Experience completing deals as an investor is an asset
- Ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information; effectively comprehend, synthesize, analyze, structure and communicate story
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
- Solid business acuity, professionalism, and integrity
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience preparing materials for executive level strategic decision-making forums
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present findings clearly and succinctly
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of staff and articulating their point of view
- Influencing skills, including ability to influence upwards and influence decision making
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
At Rexall, we are better together. We serve our customers, partners, and patients best—we are our best—when everyone brings their true self to work. Our connected, inclusive culture celebrates our lived experiences, backgrounds, expertise, and self-expression to let us win as one team. Leveraging our differences distinguishes us and brings out our best performance.
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.