Assistant Store Manager
The Role: Assistant Store Manager
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “I²CARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
What you are looking for:
- A closely connected culture
- A total rewards package meant to enhance your work-life flexibility
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate outstanding sales ability, leadership capabilities, and contributing to the overall store concept by bringing plenty of energy, enthusiasm, passion and strong communication skills as we strive to be recognized as the Canadian leader in pharmacy health care
- Assist with the human resource activities which include recruitment, training, developing and motivating staff, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, and handling union issues where applicable
- Ensure exceptional customer service/patient care for the store
- Assist the Front Store Manager in ensuring that the store achieves and maintains budgeted sales, gross profit, EBITDA, inventory targets, labour costs, shrink, and controllable store expenses
- Champion and model the development of subject matter expertise at store level. Health and Wellness product knowledge, merchandising, loss prevention, Health and Safety and exceptional Pharmacy/Patient Care
- Adhere to all marketing programs and initiatives, which may include, Retail price management, Front Store Department Merchandising, Planograms, core programs and merchandising techniques, flyer implementation and local advertising initiatives
How you will succeed:
- Previous supervisory experience within a retail environment required
- 1-2 years experience within a retail environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Proven customer service skills and effective communication skills
- Previous experience in reviewing & analyzing financial reports
At Rexall, we are better together. We serve our customers, partners, and patients best—we are our best—when everyone brings their true self to work. Our connected, inclusive culture celebrates our lived experiences, backgrounds, expertise, and self-expression to let us win as one team. Leveraging our differences distinguishes us and brings out our best performance.
Are you #ALLin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC will make available to any selected applicants’ accommodations and/or accessible formats should they require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation they may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.